Certificate In International Trade – February 2020
The Certificate in International Trade awarded by the Irish Exporters Association was launched in 2019. It is the only course of its kind in Ireland to unite the practical and operational aspects of international trading. The Certificate is not academic, it aims to promote practical on the job learning, to meet the growing skillset required for anyone working in international trade operations and regulations and to understand the key issues affecting the industry.
Grants available, contact Fiona Luciani for more details.
A general overview of what you will learn
- The export/import procedures for Irish and international markets.
- An understanding of the regulatory and non-regulatory documentation required for international trading to and from Ireland using the various modes of transport.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply their experience across the 6 modules covered in year 1: Import/Export Documentation & Procedures, Customs Regulations, Tariff Codes & Classification, Valuation & Origin, Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Incoterms and International Contracts. Options to progress to advanced level (Year 2) followed by academic level (Year 3). The ability to apply knowledge in the workplace and identify gaps in procedures.
- The importance of understanding the ever-changing international trading environment and impact on Irish importers and exporters.
- The core practical skills required to trade internationally.
Who should attend:
- Exporting and importing companies who wish to increase their knowledge and become more efficient in the evolving world of international trade
- Ambitious professionals and managers responsible for driving international trade and mitigate risk
- Anyone involved in trade and investment, finance, supply chain operations and compliance
Course Modules over 6 Days
Module 1: Incoterms & International Contracts
Tuesday 25th February
Module 2: Import/Export Documentation & Procedures
Tuesday 10th March
Module 3: Customs Regulations
Tuesday 24th March
Module 4: Tarriff Codes & Classifications
Tuesday 7th April
Module 5: Valuation and Origin
Tuesday 21st April
Module 6: Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
Tuesday 5th May
|Irish Management Institute, Sandyford Road, Balally, Dublin 16||February 25, 2020||Full Day: 9.30 am - 5.00 pm|