Markets Network Seminar – Cork
Keynote: Ambassador of Canada to Ireland, Kevin Vickers
- Stay current and learn from experts in your field
- Network and connect with your target audience
- Bring ideas back to your business
- Date: Monday 22nd of October 2018
- Venue: McAfee EMEA Offices, Building 2000, City Gate, Mahon, Cork, Ireland
- Time: 09:30-12.00
About Our Keynote: Kevin Vickers – Ambassador of Canada to Ireland
Kevin Vickers was appointed as the Ambassador of Canada to Ireland in January 2015. He previously served as the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House of Commons. Mr. Vickers had a successful 29-year-long career with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), attaining the rank of Chief Superintendent.
His speaking points will be: CETA after one year; Trade Diversification; People to people ties, connectivity.
Dr. Ronnie O’Toole, Honorary Economist, IEA
Canada and Ireland Economies in 2019: Problems in the neighbourhood
Canada and Ireland face a similar challenge in 2019: how to deal with troublesome neighbours. Canada are trying to reduce the dependence on the US for trade. Ireland must adapt to the reality of Brexit. Dr. Ronnie O’Toole, IEA’s Economist, will set out the economic challenges for Canada and Ireland in 2019 and beyond.
Ronnie has a long-standing interest in applied economic policy, particularly with respect to Ireland’s export performance, foreign direct investment, productivity and payments. He is currently Divisional Director in Indecon Economic Consultants, an independent economic research organisation based in Dublin and London.
Speakers to include:
- Bernard McCarthy, Managing Director, DHL Express Ireland
- David Cahill, Account Manager, Transfermate Global Payments
- Paul Wickham, General Manager, Midleton Distelleries, Irish Distillers
- Darren Stack, Financial Controller, Hovione
|Venue: McAfee EMEA Offices, Building 2000, City Gate, Mahon, Cork, Ireland||October 22, 2018||09.30 – 12.00|