Export Industry Awards Alumni Masterclass
Date: Thursday, 20th September 2018
Venue: TBSI, Trinity College Dublin, 152-160 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
Time: 8.30am-5.30pm (Reception at 6pm)
Attire: Business casual
Cost: Free of charge; By invitation only
On Thursday, 20th September 2018, the Irish Exporters Association will host the 2018 Export Industry Awards Alumni Business Masterclass in Trinity College Dublin. This year the focus will be on: Design Thinking for Growth & Innovation. This is a specially designed full day programme for C level executives and business leaders to energise and foster creative thinking and business innovation within teams no matter how big or small. Further details to follow shortly.
- 8.30 – 9.00 Registration, Light Breakfast & Networking
- 9.00 – 9.15 Welcome
- 9.15– 10.30: Session 1: Dr Frederique Goy : Landscaping our “VUCA” World
- 10.30 – 10.45 Coffee Break
- 10.45 – 13.15: Session 2: Professor Cliff Bowman: Competitive Strategy for Growth
- 13.15– 14.15 Catered Lunch
- 14.15 – 15.45: Session 3 – Part 1: Professor Andrew McCarthy – Design Thinking our way through Growth Challenges
- 15.45 – 16.00: Coffee Break
- 16.00 – 17.15: Session 3 – Part 2: Professor Andrew McCarthy – Design Thinking our way through Growth Challenges
- 17.15 – 17.30: Closing Session
- 17.45 Reception in Regents House, Front Square, Trinity College Dublin
More information on our speakers
Dr Frederique Goy: Landscaping our “VUCA” World
A briefing on the world economy, current trade and investment trends and the impact of populism. Frederique is a visiting lecturer at Trinity Business School and has more than twelve years expertise as an economist and in policy development including four years with EY, consulting for the both the private and public sectors. Frederique worked with the World Bank working in the areas of business policy and regulatory reforms with a focus on emerging economies and also worked for a number of years with Austrade, the Australian export and investment agency. Frederique also worked as an economist with the City of Paris for 18 months under the current mayor, Ana Hidalgo.
Professor Cliff Bowman – Competitive Strategy for Growth
Cliff is Professor of Strategy at Cranfield University and lectures in Strategy on the Trinity MBA programme. He has undertaken a wide range of consulting assignments which focus on the facilitation of strategy processes within firms. He has written eight books and published over sixty papers. He was Chairman of the European Case Clearing House, and Academic Dean of the School of Management from 1998-2006.
Professor Andrew McCarthy – Design Thinking our way through Growth Challenges
Andrew Peter Wallace McCarthy is an American designer, facilitator and consultant in Design Thinking and an Associate Professor at the Instituto de Empresa in Madrid, Spain and collaborates with TeamLabs/, Impact Hub, Teamlabs, and Studio Banana.
|TBSI, Trinity College Dublin, 152-160 Pearse Street, Dublin 2||September 20, 2018||Full Day|