Certificate in International Trade
The Certificate in International Trade awarded by the Irish Exporters Association is the only course of its kind in Ireland to unite the practical and operational aspects of international trading. The Certificate delivers practical learning to meet the growing skillset required for anyone working in international trade operations and regulations and to understand the key issues affecting the industry.
A general overview of what you will learn:
- The export/import procedures for Irish and international markets.
- An understanding of the regulatory and non-regulatory documentation required for international trading to and from Ireland using the various modes of transport.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply their experience across the 6 modules covered in year 1: Import/Export Documentation & Procedures, Customs Regulations, Tariff Codes & Classification, Valuation & Origin, Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Incoterms and International Contracts. Options to progress to advanced level (Year 2) followed by academic level (Year 3). The ability to apply knowledge in the workplace and identify gaps in procedures.
- The importance of understanding the ever-changing international trading environment and impact on Irish importers and exporters.
- The core practical skills required to trade internationally.
Who should attend:
- Exporting and importing companies who wish to increase their knowledge and become more efficient in the evolving world of international trade
- Ambitious professionals and managers responsible for driving international trade and mitigate risk
- Anyone involved in trade and investment, finance, supply chain operations and compliance
Cost: Member €3,500 | Non- Member €3,950
For more Information contact email@example.com or call 01 6612182.
Content & Learning Outcomes:
|Incoterms and International Contracts
|Import/Export Documentation & Procedures
|Tariff Codes & Classification
|Valuation and Origin
What our graduates are saying?
Studying with the Irish Exporters Association has proven invaluable as I significantly improved my knowledge and understanding of the complexities of international trade. Each module explored all important aspects of trading internationally and covered key facts in detail while contextualising them with real-life scenarios. The experience gained by the lecturers, having worked in the specific roles, allowed them to give great insight and detail. This qualification has greatly assisted my career and now puts me in an advantageous position to contribute to initiatives that bolster international trade within my company.
Tracey McGill, Promise Gluten Free
“The program Certificate in International Trade was an excellent course. Location as well as presenters were excellent and made the course enjoyable. Course focused on practical examples that can actually be used at work. I have already started to implement what I’ve learned into practice and have saved my company money with immediate effect”
Rubén Rivas May, Kostal
“I completed this course in 2019. I found the course to be very informative, covering an excellent choice of topics relating to international trade. The tutors spoke from years of experience in their area of expertise and so were able to relate the course notes to real life/business scenarios. As a student, this makes learning the subjects more accessible and interesting. During and on completion of the course I was able to apply the course information to my role within Combilift. For businesses who trade internationally and/or who will be impacted by Brexit, the subjects taught on this course are a great asset as they are totally relevant.”
Sarah Mc Kenna, Combilift
“The Certificate in International trade course with the Irish Exporters Association has given me a fantastic platform to build my Career in the Supply Chain Sector. The company I work for is involved in Importing and Exporting goods throughout the globe. This course, through it’s experts who conducted the modules offered a practical and highly educational insight in the world of International trade. My work has benefited substantially from the knowledge gained on this programme, particularly from the Import/Export Documentation & Procedures and Tariff Codes & Classification Modules, which have allowed me to asses our company’s habits and procedures and outline more efficient practises as well as establish a better process for classifying our commodity codes which has proved invaluable. “